Monday, September 21, 2009

Goodbye Summer

Today is the last day of summer. Before we leave it all behind, I have to remark on two things.

One: when I made the Honeydew Lime Sorbet, I had leftover melon so I also made some popsicles. They came out very good. At least Murray thought so. Much to my chagrin, my boyfriend is one tough m.f! Just because he adores me (I think), doesn't mean that he lets me off the hook with a pat on the head and a "Yum, mint peanut berry sorbet on crackers - my favorite!" If it's crap, he'll tell me so. So when he took a bite and said, "I like these," I didn't take it lightly. I did a happy dance. Inside. Where he can't see it and realize what kind of power he wields.

Here's the recipe from the book Pops! by Krystina Castella published by the ever wonderful Chronicle Books.



Yes, I just took a picture of the recipe from the book. I'm that effin' lazy. Whatever. Did I mention that Murray liked them?

FYI, they came out looking like this:



Notice the obligatory bite out of the top so it doesn't look too much like a flight of Freudian fancy.

The second thing I'd like to mention is also on the topic of pops. We went to the Brooklyn Flea market where the chompable People's Pops were being sold. We got the cantaloupe and mint and guess what Mr. Murray said?


"Yours are better."

Awww! To be fair to the people of People's Pops, I've never made cantaloup mint. I did do the Cantaloupe Kiwi which were delightful. But were they better? Well, I don't see any reason to brag...

No comments:

Post a Comment