Friday, June 26, 2009

An open letter to Lola's on Ice


Dear Lola's on Ice,

That dream colored truck
And those crazy wild flavors
Oh, how it pains me
That we are not neighbors

Since you guys are in London
And I’m in New York
I’ll just fawn over your website
Like a big ice cream dork

That pineapple and chili sorbet
Sounds perfect in every way.

Is the cassis and beet
Both savory and sweet?

Hokey Pokey Ice Cream?
Dude, I don’t even know what that means!

But I know that I would try it...

Yes, I'd try it
I’d sample each and every one
So next time I’m in the UK
It’s to your lovely truck I shall run


Kisses,

Frozen Brooklyn

More flavors from Lola's on Ice and the recipe book, which is available from amazon.co.uk.
  • Bourbon vanilla ice cream with summer fruit, Raspberry sauce or Pedro Ximenez sherry
  • Red summer fruit ice cream
  • Valhrona chocolate sorbet with a brandy snap
  • Pina colada' - coconut and white rum sorbet with pineapple on a stick
  • Burnt orange caramel ice cream
  • Eton Mess ice cream
  • Raspberry sorbet
  • Affogato al caffĂ©
  • Fresh mint ice cream with a chocolate brownie
  • Pineapple and chilli sorbet
  • Horseradish ice cream
  • Hokey pokey ice cream
  • Gin and tonic sorbet
  • Melon and ginger sorbet
  • Lemongrass ice cream
  • Memphis Belle (apricots, Southern Comfort and Oloroso sherry)
  • Banana toffee ice cream
  • 'Black Forest Gateau' Sundae
  • Star Anise and Saffron Ice Cream
  • "Turkish Delight" (Rose petal and Lemon Verbena Ice Cream)
  • Beetroot and Cassis Sorbet
  • Peach Melba

51HB+P13VuL._SS400_.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment