Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Sweet Taste of Success!

Well, it worked. The stars lined up, the angels sighed sweetly, and I had success with the machine - huzzah! Behold, Mango Ice Cream. I would not lie to you, 'tis delicious, doesn't rely on a frightening amount of double cream, easy to make, and it holds its shape rather nicely.
3 c chopped frozen mangos - I got them at Trader Joe's 1 1/4 c sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 c mango nectar
1 c half and half
2 tsp pure vanilla extract


In a blender, combine 1/2 c sugar with the mangos and salt. Blend until smooth.


In a separate bowl, combine nectar, half and half, the rest of the sugar, and the vanilla.


Mix both lovely concoctions.


Follow ice cream maker's directions.

What I learned:
  • You can spell it "mangos" or "mangoes."
  • Food styling is an art unto itself
  • I can eat a lot of ice cream


No comments:

Post a Comment