Monday, October 26, 2009

Milky Earl Grey Sorbet

I am going to admit something that is, perhaps, a little odd. I like British things. Do I make fun of British things? Yes. Constantly? Sure. But that's only because I like everything the country has to offer!

I like those names like Stratford-Upon-Twickwickenhamshire. I liked Fergie waaay better than Diana. I like the way people in England don't seem to mind it if you're super duper drunk. I like chavs and twitchers and bangers and mash. I like Miss Havisham. I particularly like the way a lot of them don't seem too interested in the letter T.
Speaking of T, I am a tea drinker. And yes, I like Bri'ish tea. So much so that I wondered what would happen if I brewed some Earl Grey and mixed up with milk and sugar. Well let me tell you, it is oh, so good. So very good indeed!




Milky Earl Grey Sorbet

2 tablespoons decaffeinated Earl Grey tea
5 cups boiling water
1/2 cup demerara sugar
1/4 cup milk

Place tea and water in a bowl. Steep for one to two minutes making sure that the brew doesn't go bitter. Strain immediately. Add sugar. Let cool over night. Add milk. Freeze in an ice cream maker as per the manufacturer's instructions.

Excellent Idea Alert!

What if there was a band called The British People? They'd be just like the Village People but a thousand times better. They would wear snazzy costumes and do a song to the tune of "YMCA" but change the words so it would be "London, UK." Amazing, right? Bigger than the Spice Girls, right? Bigger than the freakin' queen! God bless her, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment