This installment of Traditional Tuesday gives up the light pink love to the strawberry. This is a recipe of eggless simplicity that needs no introduction. I will say this much - this recipe guarantees friendship. I gave some to my neighbors the other day and though I don't speak Spanish and they don't speak English, it's nothing but warm fuzzy smiles in the hallway now.
Strawberry Ice Cream
1 lb fresh strawberries
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c whipping cream
1 1/2 c cold water
dash of lemon juice
- Chop cleaned strawberries into quarters.
- Place berries, sugar, water, and juice into a blender and blend until completely liquified.
- Whip cream until slightly thickened.
- Combine strawberry mixture with cream
- Freeze as indicated by the ice cream manufacturer's instructions.
It's a fact:
3 out of 4 dime store divas prefer strawberry ice cream.